Saturday, April 8, 2017

Romantic Journal

I haven't posted in quite awhile due to taking on a new full time teaching position teaching transitional kindergarten!  Needless to say, the job has required quite a bit of time and energy, leaving me less time to do anything creative in my studio.  Finally I feel like I have a handle on things and can get back to doing something else that I love.

I recently joined an art journal club so I can get inspired and continue on my mixed media journey.  These journal pages were inspired by the word "love." The backgrounds were made using my Gelli plate and a mix of circle stencils and bubble wrap.  I take my journal pages out of the journal to work on them, then adhere them back in the journal when I'm finished.  (then if they don't turn out like I'd like, I can start over easily!)

The floral images along the sides of the journal are napkins.  I love using printed napkins on artwork; there are so many beautiful patterns to choose from.  Just be sure and take off the extra layers (usually 2 or 3) before adhering with modge podge or glue.

The rest of the piece has a variety of items, including washi tapes, vintage sheet music, stamps, patterned paper, and fabric trim.  The "26" refers to the number of years I have been married to my wonderfully understanding husband who is very supportive of my hobby!


Thanks as always for visiting!  Please feel free to comment!  

No comments:

Post a Comment